Commercial Gas Safety Certificates

Commercial Gas Safety Certificates

Commercial gas safety certificates

MHL provide gas safety certificates for commercial and industrial properties NATIONWIDE. With a team of over 100 commercial Gas Safe registered engineers, we can help keep your business insurance valid, employees safe, and company open for business.

What does a commercial gas safety certificate cost?

The cost for a commercial gas safety certificate is generally around £200 for a single gas appliance. 

What does an industrial gas safety certificate cost?

Industrial gas safety certificates are similar to commercial; however, depending on the appliance’s output, the inspector may require a specific gas registration. For this reason, industrial gas safety certificates can cost more than a standard commercial version.

How long is a commercial gas safety certificate valid?

Commercial gas safety certificates are valid for 12 months. You must also keep files on record for four years.

Gas safety for business

It is a legal requirement for commercial properties to have an annual gas safety check of commercial gas appliances. Once the inspection is complete and the property successfully passes the inspection, we can provide your business with a commercial gas safety certificate.

There are different types of gas safety certificates for commercial premises. The most common types are:

  • CP17 Gas safety certificate
  • CP15 Plant room commissioning/serving record
  • CP44 Mobile catering gas safety certificate
  • CP16 Gas testing and purging
  • CP42 commercial catering gas safety certificate for restaurants, hotels and any commercial businesses with a catering installation

CP42 Catering gas safety certificate

The CP42 gas safety certificate for commercial kitchens must be carried out by a commercial gas engineer who is qualified to work on commercial catering equipment.

The CP42 gas safety certificate service differs from general commercial gas safety as it is designed for:

  • Restaurants
  • Mobile catering trailers
  • School kitchens
  • Takeaways & fast food establishments
  • Industrial cooking establishments

As part of the CP42 certification, a gas safety interlock system is also required. The interlock system features an emergency stop button which is situated at the kitchen exit. This health and safety requirement is connected with the kitchens extraction and gas equipment, ensuring the gas supply stops when the extraction system is switched off.

In some properties such as schools, carbon dioxide monitors can be installed as part of the gas safety interlock system.

Which properties need a commercial gas safety check?

Any commercial or industrial premises, or commercial catering establishment with gas appliances, requires an annual gas safety inspection. This includes commercial landlords who rent properties to tenants. MHL can carry out commercial gas safety inspections and provide certificates for both natural gas and LPG sites. We can also advise on any necessary repairs or maintenance work required to pass your gas safety inspection successfully.

Our commercial gas safety inspector will check your commercial or industrial gas appliances, localised gas pipework and flues. Ensure they are maintained in a safe condition in line with gas safety (installation and use) regulations 1998. Once your property has passed the inspection, we will provide you with a digital gas safety certificate straight from the site.

If your business requires a commercial or industrial gas safety certificate, MHL can help wherever you are in the UK. Call our commercial gas team on 0800 061 4567 or email

Click here to get a quick quote for a commercial gas safety certificate – we are nationwide

Related Posts

On The Blog

View "When do you need a commercial gas engineer?"

Stylish image of pressure gauge and vales in plant room

When do you need a commercial gas engineer?

Get a quick quote When is a commercial gas engineer required? If you have a boiler or gas appliance with an output greater than 70kW, or one deemed by the manufacturer to be commercial, you will require a commercial gas engineer to maintain it. What if I have a domestic boiler in a commercial building? […]
Read "When do you need a commercial gas engineer?"