Mobile Catering Certificates

Mobile Catering Certificates

What is a CP44 mobile catering gas safety certificate?

This certificate is a document provided by a suitably qualified gas engineer. Its purpose is to prove that your mobile or outdoor catering business operates safe gas equipment and uses the equipment in a safe environment.

Do you need a CP44 mobile catering gas safety certificate?

If your catering business operates LPG (bottled gas) equipment in a mobile vehicle or outside location, you will require an annual CP44 gas safety certificate by law. Your vehicle and equipment will need to be inspected for gas safety by an engineer registered with Gas Safe. You will not be able to operate commercially unless you can provide an event organiser with proof your gas equipment has been inspected and is safe.

How much does a mobile catering gas safety certificate cost?

You may find different companies charge varying amounts for a mobile catering gas safety certificate. Firstly, it’s essential to make sure the company you engage with are appropriately qualified. Many companies charge a standard domestic rate, which may seem like a great deal; however, they are often not qualified to inspect your gas equipment. A company adequately registered with Gas Safe to certify mobile catering vehicles will charge around £150 -200 for a mobile catering gas safety certificate.

What qualification does a mobile catering gas engineer need?

As a mobile caterer, you’ll already appreciate the importance of LPG safety, but you might have noticed that it can be tricky to find a gas engineer that you trust. Some gas engineers have been known to bend the rules (so we’ll clear those rules up for you quickly now).

  • You must have all gas installation work done by a Gas Safe registered engineer, whether the work is domestic or commercial
  • Mobile caterers must only use Gas Safe engineers who have mobile catering qualifications to work on their appliances (i.e. they can’t only be qualified to work on domestic LPG appliances)
  • Gas engineers must be qualified in the field and product that they are working on. For example, to sign off an LPG griddle, the engineer needs to be qualified in “Mobile Catering Range Cookers LPG”. Whereas, if the appliance is a range cooker inside a kitchen that runs on natural gas, then the qualification would need to be “Commercial Catering Range Cookers NG”

How often do I need a mobile catering gas safety certificate?

You must have your appliances serviced at least annually and retain a gas certificate as proof. Some engineers will only issue certificates for six months if they consider your equipment to be at high risk of becoming unsafe through use. Gazebo traders’ equipment tends to be exceptionally high risk due to being connected and disconnected regularly.

If you would like a competitive quote for a mobile catering gas safety certificate, contact MHL today on 0800 061 4567 or

We operate in the following postcode areas: BS, BA, GL, SN, RG, OX, HP, SL

Click to book, or for more information on mobile catering gas safety

Related Posts

On The Blog

View "Commercial Gas Certificates"

Young woman sat at her desk smiling at the camera with a phone in her hand

Commercial Gas Certificates

Do you need a commercial gas safety certificate? For a quick quote Click Here and complete our short online form – we’re nationwide! Commercial gas safety certificates MHL provide gas safety certificates for commercial and industrial properties nationwide. With a team of over 100 commercial Gas Safe registered engineers, we can help keep your business […]
Read "Commercial Gas Certificates"